Saturday 10 August 2013

A new chapter begins.

So whats he doing now? I finish my current job on the 23rd of this month and jump straight in to my new role the following Monday, on the 26th of August.  I will be employed in a section of the Civil Aviation Authority called Aviation Security Services.  They are responsible for a range of security functions throughout New Zealand.  My area will be the Operations Team coordinating the 120+ employees from several airports in everything from rosters to training and development.  I will be responsible for tasks as varied as approving staff leave to ensuring there are enough resources available to accommodate last minute flight changes.
I feel very fortunate to be able to change jobs as often as I have over my working career.  I keep thinking I am getting too old to do this, and yet opportunities keep arising.  As one dear friend commented recently "You can't sit still can you John!!" and this has been echoed in essence by others.  And they are right, I can't.  But while there are opportunities out there for someone to take, then I am going to darn well be the one to do so.  Remove the fear and the rest is easy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Besh wishes on your new position. You are like a cat, always landing on your feet. Good for you John. :) -Lisa in Minnesota

Mt Karioi

Mt Karioi