Sunday 8 December 2013

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly........for this week.

The Good: Once again I find myself being self-indulgent thanks to the fortunes bestowed upon by my spirit guides.  To have found the job I currently enjoy now is quite satisfying, but the New Year is shaping up to bring small pot of new work opportunities for me to choose from.  It will require some careful thought about whether to return to the old and the familiar to put my training and experience to use or branch off on this relatively new path in I am currently walking to forge a solid career in the Aviation Industry?  All have positives, all have drawbacks, but just how to weigh them all up is an unknown.

The Bad: With the passing of Nelson Mandela this week, the universe will need to dig deep to fill the void he leaves.  A humble and passionate person who had an enormous impact on not just his home country, but the entirety of civilisation.  What he achieved was remarkable and his inspiring presence was enough to shape the future for every generation yet to come. He will be sadly missed but will live forever through his legacy of hope and change is possible for everyone.


The Ugly: It has been a week of road works, more terrifying than normal.  Because the earthquakes of 2010/11 caused so much damage above ground, it is easy to forget what damage there is below.  Water pipes, power lines and waste water systems are all cracked while many roads themselves suffered severe buckling and appeared shattered like glass.  I do understand the need to replace all of this and as a result, the ongoing traffic disruptions are a necessary evil.  But I do wish it wasn't so.

''They have had me for 27 years. If I keep hating them, they will still have me." Nelson Mandela 1918-2013.



No comments:

Mt Karioi

Mt Karioi