Thursday 28 August 2014

Hi, my name is John


There has been much going on this year and the longer I left resuming  my blog, the harder it became to do so.  I was awaiting the right moment.  A time when all things aligned and offered themselves to me in an orderly fashion, ready to be transformed in to succulent narratives.  But this point in time has since been recognised as an assumption of my own creativity.  There was never going to be a appropriate time.  An exact moment where I could sit down and say I’m back and this is where the adventure has taken me!  So with these thin words I begin to compose once more and will continue to do so.
An inescapable excuse for my absence is that now I work in an office based profession I am using a computer all day.  The last activity  I feel like doing in my down time is staring at a computer again.  And I call myself a writer, eh?  I struggled with the old school pen and paper way of writing but my mind went faster than I could write and my foreign scrawl ended up as slightly absurd babble. 
Rather than fill this page with every detail since my previous entry, I will humbly reintroduce myself and begin a more determined effort to write more frequently.  After all, this blog began partly as a journal for my own memories.  I’m almost a year older since my last entry.   I’d better jot these memories down before they start to fade.  You know, old age and everything.

No comments:

Mt Karioi

Mt Karioi