Friday 7 June 2013

Changing scripts.

What a week it has been!  As with any good drama there have been highs and lows, laughs in between the serious moments and even a few tears.  Just when everything looks set on a particular plane, things would change, revelations made or plans cancelled thus rearranging the script each time.  In the low points it felt as if life was punishing me for past sins, recouping on the positive moments provided and subsequently hinting that contentedness will never again be part of this story.  In the high points it is as if nothing could ever unhinge the perfect world in which I live, and every play I will be part of will only ever have a happy and fulfilling conclusion.  But in between all the scene changes I remind myself of a mantra I often carry with me - get on with it!  Life can change the script in your play, but you control how you preform.  Become a prima dona or a dedicated thespian? A hero or a villain?  A supporting role or a protagonist?  In the light of a new day, these choices are clear and easy to make.  I had better go now, I just got my stage call...........

The word theatre comes from the Greeks.  It means the seeing place.  It is the place people come to see the truth about life and the social situation - Stella Adler


1 comment:

betty-NZ said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog about the house we didn't get. Hubby works for Fonterra and at one point we wanted to move to the south island, but even with his salary it was way too expensive. Good luck with finding a new place soon.

Mt Karioi

Mt Karioi