Sunday 12 February 2012

Xtreme, Yoga, Zoo


X is for Xtreme snow sports.  I took the opportunity to learn snowboarding over here.  Slowly I got the hang of things and managed to look a little impressive as long as I stayed on the beginners trails.  The need to feel more competent and the desire to get to the higher points of the fields saw me share time between snowboarding and skiing – my easier option.  Alas, skiing is now all I do on the slopes but I am glad I can now say I’ve done it.
Y is for Yoga.  Something I had never really had any interest in doing before, but again, a change of scenery made me realise how easy and important it is to learn new things.  A local instructor was starting up beginner classes, so off I went and my body has never felt better.  Stretching and twisting is a lot harder and tiring than it looks.

Z is of course for Zoo.  Without the Zoo here at Hamilton and all of its superb staff and animals, this adventure in New Zealand may have ended long before now.  It’s what has kept us here past our original plan of a year and it’s a place to be cherished forever.

No comments:

Mt Karioi

Mt Karioi