Saturday 20 June 2020

Basic Instinct of Travel

Travel, I feel, is a basic human instinct.  Our ancestors did not sit on a couch scrolling social media.  They wandered the earth searching for food, shelter and territory, expanding across vast oceans and great continents. Over a millennium this instinct has weakened for many, but not for me.  As a young child I dreamed of places far from my humble small-town surroundings, where my imagination was lifted by the dry winds that parched the surrounding desert. Not knowing where these places were and what I would find when I got there, did not diminish the awareness I sensed that destiny would be my guide. And so it has been, but the journey of discovery is not over yet.  I hear that familiar knock at my door, I have to go, again.  

No comments:

Mt Karioi

Mt Karioi