Saturday 4 May 2013

The gilded path.


You know that moment at work when everything is going great and life can't get any better then unexpectedly it all seems to fall apart? You turn a corner on this high speed jaunt and suddenly there is a dead end and you are hit with a feeling of helplessness and loss of control, maybe even doom. Its at this point I have arrived. But with the lightening reflexes of a race car driver, I have come up with three options. One is to crash and disintegrate under the pressure of impact, something I have unwittingly done before. The next is to stop and reverse to whence I came negating any progress made.  Although why waste energy backtracking through life. Finally, to pull up gently and walk a different route to where I want to be.  So with options at hand, I have decided it is time to stretch my legs.  Time to breathe in deeply, absorb the spectacle of life surrounding me and head through the green fields.  Away from the paved road I had been on, and in these new lush surrounds, I will find my way once more. 

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas Edison

No comments:

Mt Karioi

Mt Karioi