Thursday 29 March 2012

It's time to go......


Only a few hours remain of this adventure.  It is true that I will return to New Zealand again, but that will be a separate adventure disconnected by the passage of time and age.  It feels as if my world has been getting smaller over that last few weeks, with a maddening reduction towards the end.  With each goodbye, there was one less element of my world.  With each last trip to a certain shop, or last drive past a certain landmark, the everyday elements and activities which constituted my life have been trimmed from my branches.  This has left me repeatedly less elements to give my world mass and substance.  As I sit here at the airport I feel as though the past three and a half years of magic have become confused in to one single past event.  All the memories, all the people, the job, and the places are all now in one single box.  And the universe is about to close the lid.

No comments:

Mt Karioi

Mt Karioi