Thursday 29 December 2011

J is for Journal


Way back when I began writing this blog, its sole intention was to be an online journal.  I wanted to write about my experiences on this adventure and be able to share them with family and friends that were being left behind.  A record of events.  A historical narrative.  Proof.  I look back on old postings, especially the early ones leading up to leaving Australia, and I am instantly transported back to the feelings of anticipation and excitement of the unknown.  I reflect on what may have been done differently if I had known what I know now. I find myself wanting to talk to the John Ray from then and tell him how magnificent the future is going to be and how many adventures he will be experiencing, big and small.  This journal has become part of the adventure in its own right.

No comments:

Mt Karioi

Mt Karioi