Friday 29 April 2011

Life is great!

There must be something in the autumn wind, or maybe it is the change of seasons or the recent moving of house……but things are going great and here’s why.  I have become uplifted with grace and vigour, leaping into opportunities and challenges with fervour.  An earlier post spoke of much promise and encouraged personal growth and all things bright and shiny.  I am an idealist and I make no excuses or apologies for being so.  However, somewhere along this road paved of sparkling green grass and shiny pebbles, life sometimes gets in the way and pushes me in directions I am less inclined to seek.  It is all too easy to let these things set the rhythm of life and not the pleasant challenges that line the sparkling green grass paths of my fertile mind.  So time to get back to the open field and run towards a few new challenges.  First up, I have been tracing my family roots on my father’s side.  I know almost nothing about my father’s life before us kids and ever since he died, I have been planning to do so.  So, start tracing family tree - Tickü.  Second thing was to get a bit more creative and this is going to see me advance in a few different directions.  First, I have enrolled in a photography course so I can learn more about the impressive camera I bought and hopefully illuminate the walls of our new home with bold statements and memories.  The other creative venture I have embarked on is a mosaic course.  I have always marvelled at ancient mosaics and the lavish and elaborate craft work that many Middle Eastern buildings have, all done with tiles, mortar and amazing patience.  I can only hope to achieve a small fraction of the aforementioned.   So, creative genius - Tickü.  Let those sparkling green grass paths lead me astray.

No comments:

Mt Karioi

Mt Karioi