Monday 23 September 2013

The happiness beyond.

Reflecting on my previous posts it would be easy to think I have fallen into despair and  depression.  Leaving my job with a  bitterness that wont seem to fade, getting sick and injured increasing the  fear of ageing and the relentless punishment of time and then most recently the sale of the farm we called home in the 'early years'.  Rest assured, while it has been a journey of sorts it has not been a time of remorse or defeat.  And here is why. 

I live in New Zealand, one of the most beautiful and colourful countries in the world.  I have a partner who cherishes me and inspires me to be a better person each and every day.  I have a new job which is teaching me new skills and has many doors of opportunity waiting for me to open.  I can walk down my driveway and look towards snow capped peaks.  I have a small garden with plants that I have grown from seeds or cuttings.  I have two dogs who love me regardless of how I feel or look. I have a grand sense of gratefulness that I am healthy, have food to eat, a house to live in and do not live in poverty.  In my space there are no epic disasters, no mass shootings, no oil spills. No dictators, regimes, no wars. I am free. 

So when you read my posts about feeling old or not having the great job I think I deserve, don’t be fooled.  Like many people, when I look beyond my own mind and my own boundaries it becomes very clear and precise how happy I actually am

No comments:

Mt Karioi

Mt Karioi