Sunday 29 January 2012

O is for Oz


Australia, affectionately called Oz by its citizens, is the greatest country in the world.  I feel comfortable saying that without causing others offence because everyone feels the equivalent amount of pride about our home countries……don’t we? Anyhow, my positive impression of Australia has only been intensified since landing here in Aoteroa for no reason other than it is a big part of who I am.  I have mused before about what I miss from my homeland so will spare you the dribbles once more, but it really warms my soul when I think of these things.  How about another cliché – absence makes the heart grow fonder-lame but something definitely resonates for me from those words.  So it is with great excitement mixed with a slightly heavy heart that I can share that my time in New Zealand is drawing to an end.  A decision was made recently by my other half and I that it is time to head back to Australia to live.  This decision was nothing at all to do with being dissatisfied with New Zealand as I can not seriously fault my adopted country in any way, shape or form.  It’s a very simple case of longing for that part of me that remains in Oz.  But rather than trying to go back to exactly the same place and time that I left, we are heading to Darwin.  Not sure what to do or how it is going to work out, we don’t have jobs to go to or anywhere to live.  We sold almost everything to move to New Zealand, so it is going to be another real adventure in change.  On the move….again……

No comments:

Mt Karioi

Mt Karioi