Wednesday 25 March 2009

Mum's visit

There's nothing like the family to make things real. A recent visit by mother was what made this adventure in New Zealand become confirmed to my senses that this is now where I live and work. Showing her around as a proud local helped me feel that I do live here and I do relate to new environment in a familiar and comfortable way. My mum and cousin ,Shirley, spent almost two weeks with us and we tried to get out and look around as much as we could despite both Phil and I working for much of the time. We saw the local area as well as making the pilgrimage down to Waitomo Caves to see the glow worms. Overall, it was nice but brief time. I am hoping to be making regular future visits to Auckland airport to meet my mum and enjoy the warmth of my family.
We cannot destroy kindred: our chains stretch a little sometimes, but they never break. (Marquise de Sévigné)

No comments:

Mt Karioi

Mt Karioi