Sunday 7 December 2008

Freedom...

Upon reading back over earlier posts for this blog, it easy to see how much this adventure has been consuming my mind and spirit for the past few months. In some ways, the moment we stepped on to the plane everything began to happen swiftly and a little bit out of control. Only now have I begun to feel the process slow down as it is now I am feeling comfortable with the unrestrained speed of this experience. I am living what I have been preparing for and enjoying the freedom - freedom from work problems, freedom from jobs around the house, freedom from bills, Indian call centres, dust, flies and freedom from being slowed down by who I am, what I do and where I go. It's just me, the bare elements on which all these other things have accumulated and weighed me down. The single thing I do not want to be without is Phil. He has inspired this adventure in me, renewed that old desire for travel which dragged me around the globe in times past and he is the catalyst for many positive changes, past, present and future. There would be none of this freedom at all, if it weren't for him. My Phil.
Happiness will never come to those who fail to appreciate what they already have. (Anonymous)

No comments:

Mt Karioi

Mt Karioi