Tuesday 11 November 2008

Torn between two lovers


Not quite, but a good opening line. In a way though, it does describe the outlook I have at the moment. I had my last day at work a few days ago which came as a bit of positive relief and signified the close of a chapter. A sad ending, none the less. In a few days we will be in New Zealand beginning the next stimulating chapter of this adventure. So here I sit, in limbo between these two chapters, the two lovers between which I am torn. The old one full of memories and madness, comfortable and secure and the new one full of potential and adventure, unchartered and distant. With this state of limbo set to continue for a few more days yet, I find myself waiting once again, with a sense of imminent sadness when we say our last goodbyes to the farm, our families and our friends. So here is that last posting from me on Australian soil as I prepare to flick the page of this endless novel and embark on the next chapter.

Don't wait for extraordinary circumstance to do good; try to use ordinary situations. (Charles Richter)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, hope it's a good flight (was a good flight? Are you there yet?)...

Mt Karioi

Mt Karioi